Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week #36 - March 4th, 2018 - Living the Dream!

KIA ORA! 

Just so HAPPY and loving life!
I hope everyone had a lovely week! This week was so good!! I'm so lucky to be here in New Zealand and in Opotiki, I'm learning heaps and I just love the people here so much! So this week Sister Ove and I just walked everywhere trying to contact the branch list and meet new people, we were able to find heaps of people who have been prepared to here the gospel! I'm lucky I get to be apart of the Lord's work and see so many miracles each day! 

We have a neighbor, Rosemarie that we met on our first day, we see her everyday and baked some brownies (which I made and didn't burn haha, Heavenly Father truly can change your weaknesses into strengths lol..
Hungahungatoroa Marae
Ether 12:27) but she has been SO prepared by the Lord. She told us that we were an answer to her prayers because the week we moved in she was praying to have more female friends/ influences in her life because she is surrounded by men and then we moved in and became friends with her! She is in her 50's and her partner Mathew is interested in learning more about the gospel to! Her aunt who had passed away a couple years ago gave her her quad and some books on Joseph Smith to read.. she has been reading the Book of Mormon every day and the Doctrine and Covenants as well.. I was so shocked haha, GOD IS SO GOOD! He is truly looking out for all of his children! 

We also met these two 12 year old girls that were walking by our flat.. they ran up to us, asked us where we are from and they now think I'm famous cause I'm from
Sister Ove
California, tall and blonde hahahhaha I was dying.. anyways they walked around with us and we took them to look at the chapel.. they walked into the room with the baptism font and asked if that's where we have babies hahah I was like nah mate and explained what baptism is, anyways they want to be baptized and we talked to the mum and she was all chill about it and the son Maikara who is 15 wants to be baptized and take the lessons!

I also ran into a lady and started chatting randomly about dance and she said that there is an old lady here in town who teaches ballet to little 5-18 year olds and needs some help so I may be able to start helping out with dance classes!!!!! I just have to get permission lol so we will see but that would be so dope if I could! 

Anyways I LOVE being a MISSIONARY and serving the LORD! This week was so good and we had stake conference in Tauranga so I saw the Worthrens again and I SANG WITH OUR BRANCH CHOIR IN MAORI AT CONFERENCE... haha everyone was laughing cause I was the only white one haha anyways I hope yous have a lovely week and remember that I love you heaps and you are all in my prayers!! 

"The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives" - Russell M. Nelson

arohanui, xo
Bridgette Worthren and me!
(felicia and lindsey lol- Felicia was
Lindsey's mission buddy & her
family is from Hamilton and her father
is in the Hamilton Mission Presidency)
sister sughroue  



3/5. on a horse! the lil boy taylah calls me aunty and told me he is 21 hahah






Cute chunky baby! Amaya- Moana









sleepover with the Sis. Fitts, Sis. de Guzman, Sis. Ove






Our Flat
Dancing with the babies .. love the Hudson whanau!
On a horse!

The lil boy Taylah calls me aunty and told me he is 21 hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week #37 - March 18th, 2018 - HOME.. trusting Heavenly Father

KIA ORA whanau.. I hope everyone is well and you all know that I love yous! So these past couple of weeks and months I have learned to rea...