Sunday, February 25, 2018

Week #35 - February 25th, 2018 - Transfers!

KIA ORA! 
Sister Ove and me taking on the streets of Opo!!!

This week I had to say bye to my Whakatane whanau </3 I got shifted to Opotiki just down the coast from Whakatane and am still near the ocean, so its all goods! I'm gonna miss Whakatane and the people that we were teaching, they truly become your family and I love them heaps but I'm in a REALLY good branch here in Opotiki, the Lord is definitely hastening His work here in opotiki. 

My new comp is Sister Ove, from Papau New Guinea who is 24 and we are white washing! We are the first sisters ever to be in Opotiki and we are double covering with Elder Mortensen (Hawaii), Elder Razakariasoa (Madagascar), and Elder Mahina (Australia-Tonga) so there are 5 of us missionaries here which has never
Down the coast (pictures doesn't do it justice..
so gorgeous in person)
happened here before. I'm excited to be here and know that the Lord has people prepared. 

The branch is really on to it with missionary work.. transfers were Thursday and on Saturday there was a wedding/ baptism (Te Hurukeha & Harly) who the elders had been teaching, they have heaps of sisters, so the next day on Sunday after church we drove them around and met some of there sisters, we are going to start working with a few. 

We drove pretty far down the coast and it was so gorgeous.. New Zealand keeps getting prettier and prettier, we hadn't eaten all day and have no food in our flat so we found some crabs and boiled them up and ate some mussels, they were yum! 

Found some dinner #brokeas gotta do what ya gotta do
Anyways after church we also got some referrals from some members that had been waiting for sisters to come so we can visit some of their Whanau and friends. This was a HUGE miracle because I was so unsure about coming here but Heavenly Father has definitely made it clear that he needs all 5 of us missionaries here. Our first day we had no clue what to do cause we had nothing and no info about anything and we also didn't have a phone we started chatting with our neighbor and then the elders showed up to take us around to introduce us to some people and they also gave us their dinner appointments. So that was a little blessing! 

We moved into the elders flat which is flash as (more like a house) and they moved into the senior couples old flat in Whakatane and have to drive here every day to work, so we are definitely being looked after! And we also got
Crabs and the prettiest sea shells <333
some Tongan elders car that was in South Auckland and it was so nasty.. we cleaned the flat and the car and it reminded me of Tyler's room when I moved into it when he left for college.. haha.. we also just had a meeting with the branch president and went over who he wants us to teach and the elders as well, so everything is slowly working out, this week will be a good week for sure! 

Opotiki is a lil town but our boundaries are pretty big, down the coast and out in the bush. I'm so grateful to be here! One of the sisters we met on Sunday Miro, didn't want to let us into her home but I noticed her little kids and said something about families and she stopped and stared at me and told us to come inside and teach her more. The spirit is so real and I have a huge testimony that only the TRUTH can softened ones heart, if they're
willing to listen. The gospel is so good and so true! I hope yous are able to realize how precious the gospel is and the importance we have to share it with those around us! I LOVE YOU ALL HEAPS! 

arohanui, xo 
sister sughroue

ps. don't except another long email lol sorry mum ;)


YUM!!!

Add caption















last days in whakatane </3
Went to this cool art gallery on the beach
Sushi date with Sis. Ahnder,
Sis Kendall, and Sis 
Taylor

 
 President Waihirere.. or Mr. Bubbles
from Lilo & Stitch hahahaha

Saying bye to the Waihirere's my fav Whanau
Last FHE at the heads with my Whakatane Whanau...
I ran through the water with all the kids
 and am pretty sure I had the most fun haha
. jayelle and te kohu 

whanau.. family 

 Love these lil kids <333 
My lil boyfriends, oho and te kohu pushing me on the swing haha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week #37 - March 18th, 2018 - HOME.. trusting Heavenly Father

KIA ORA whanau.. I hope everyone is well and you all know that I love yous! So these past couple of weeks and months I have learned to rea...