Sunday, February 18, 2018

Week #34 - February 18th, 2018 - Chur Brudda

KIA ORA!!

KORU district singing at Ohope Beach care! 
This week was sooo lovely! It's going by so fast.. so crazy!! So I went to physio and they said they think I have a stress fracture in my back.. but I don't think I do and it's all goods! Anyways we walked around heaps this week and just visited heaps of people! We had are last district meeting of the transfer sadly so we said bye to the senior couple (the Hirschis from Utah) they became like all of our grandparents! The elders also got tshirts made for our district! We are still doing our Book of Mormon class and I honestly think it's more for me. haha I honestly am learning so much! 

So everyone here that we visit or work with knows me as the stubborn tall blonde. hahaha I was laughing so hard cause I am pretty stubborn but it's only to help people
Koru District
keep their commitments!! Anyways we also sing at a old people home right on the beach and they just make me so happy!! We were singing "If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands" to the dementia ward and a lady just started crying because she said we sounded so beautiful! haha I love singing to them cause it's a lil confidence booster.lol

We also went to Opotiki for a Wanaga (meeting/ gathering). The branch president in Opotiki holds these Wanagas and connects the Book of Mormon to the Maori people and their culture it was so cool!! I felt like an outcast cause I was the only white blonde there haha but it was just so interesting to listen to! But this week we
Tacos!! Dinner with the
Rangiheuea Whanau <3 (Oho, Jayelle, Tekohu, Roni)
also had a dinner at a member who is trying to come back to church and get to the temple, Her kids are literally the cutest!!!! And she made tacos!!!  I miss real Mexican food but it was yum! 

We are working with heaps of kids right now but none of them have permission to be baptised but they all just love learning and Sister Taylor and I always have lil lessons/games with them!! I love Whakatane and all the people here! Transfers are this week and I could be getting transferred.. I hope I stay for at least another transfer but we will see what happens! I love you heaps!! The church is true and you are LOVED by your Heavenly Father!! Always remember that!! 

arohanui, xo

sister sughroue 

ps. "what did the chair say to the butter?" "chur brudda" haha this a joke from a lil 4 and 6 year old (jayelle and oho) and ill send pics soon!


 I LOVE them so much!
They are just the cutest lil kids ever!!!! 





















Valentine's Day surprise!!
Elder Mortensen (hawaii) and Elder Razakarisoa (madagascar)
surprised us during our exchanges!













We cover some beach towns but we also cover some lil towns out in the bush!
And I just am so in love with New Zealand!!! <3333




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week #37 - March 18th, 2018 - HOME.. trusting Heavenly Father

KIA ORA whanau.. I hope everyone is well and you all know that I love yous! So these past couple of weeks and months I have learned to rea...